The cooking bases certification at the École Lenôtre are designed for adults looking to train or to switch careers:
- Hobbyists and enthusiasts looking to switch careers
- Young professionals
- Professionals who left the trade for a while
Given the intensity of this program, each candidate needs to be genuinely motivated by careers in cooking or gastronomy in general.
The Cooking Chef Diploma is registered to the RNCP (Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles). Therefore, it will provide the whole range of skills necessary to do this job. (RNCP34978, published to the BO on 14/10/2020). Discover it in detail here.
Access to the fundamental knowledge of French cuisine, during 6 weeks : the Ecole Lenôtre will provide you with basic methods and essential techniques in cuisine making.
Preliminary requirements to be eligible for this course:
- Aged 18 or over
- Minimum proficiency in French (level B1)
- Know the basics of hygiene and safety in a preparation food environment
- Minimum basic knowledge in elementary reasoning (arithmetic and logic)
- A desire to enter the professional sector of food trades
- 6 weeks of intensive training
- Classes limited to 12 participants
- 100% success rate
MAKE THE BASIC COOKING RECIPES (6 weeks)
The aim of this module is to allow students to learn the basics of Culinary Arts and to master the fundamental culinary techniques.
- Make basic recipes: sauces, vinaigrettes, mayonnaises, stocks… Make basic starters: soups, quiches, salads…
- Make fish and seafood dishes: moules marinières, whiting à l’anglaise, sole bonne-femme…
- Make meat dishes: roast poultry, sautéed veal, beef stew, braised meat, grilled meat…
- Make vegetable side dishes to compliment the main dish
- Make classic desserts: fruit tarts, filled choux pastry, puff pastry, moka, bavarois…
- Manage and organize its work (team work, inventory management, due process and method, production and conservation compliance etc.)
- Assessment of progress
APPLIED AND TESTED IN EACH MODULE
Raw material and culinary theory
- Hygiene and safety standards (both food and work environment) in compliance with environmental standards. Packaging, labelling, storage and preservation of basic, finished and partially-finished products according to the HACCP.
- Tools used in cooking (utensils, large and small equipment). Organization, storage and cleaning of work surfaces, and the kitchen laboratory.
- Daily stock control and storage of incoming dry goods and fresh ingredients (observation of the cold chain), cold rooms and freezers.
- Awareness of the importance of a technical information sheet to rationalize the production and optimize the quality of the recipes.
- Writing and creating a technical recipe sheet.
- Selection of the quality of ingredients and raw materials for the recipes being created.
Equipment and materials
The school will give every student his own set of utensils (knives, whisk, rolling pin,…) at the beginning of the training program. This set of utensils will be useful during your training, but also during your whole career.
Every student will also receive a mandatory professional uniform, that will include:
2 white professional jackets with the Ecole Lenôtre signature
2 professional trousers 1 pair of safety shoes
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Every day, breakfast is served half an hour before the beginning of the training session.
The lunch is served from 12:00 to 12:45 pm.
This timetable may vary sometime according to the civil calendar or for some specific themes. We recommend to have a look on the hour timetable available on the begining of the training.
The Ecole Lenôtre will send you a list of useful addresses to help you to find a room, a studio or a flat to rent.
Registration and fees details
Training price list
Rate for 6 weeks of intensive training: 8.100 € H.T (9.720 € TTC)
Validation of Acquired Experience
Possibility of accessing the training via the VAE (Validation of Acquired Experience)
To access our training via the VAE, a VAE file must be completed to demonstrate your pastry experience. Each certificate is accessible via VAE. Following the assessment of the registration folder, the VAE candidate will be offered a training program corresponding best to his level and expectations. The minimum required to validate the title Chef Ecole Lenôtre is the achievement and success during the examination weeks of each of the 3 certificates and according to the techniques of the Ecole Lenôtre.
Given the limited number of seats in each session (12 maximum), we advise you to register at least 3 months before the starting date of your course.
- Registration folder
- The application for registration must include of all the following documents : Completed registration application form
- Copy of an official government identity card
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
After receiving these documents, we will organize an in-person or Skype interview to assess your motivation and assess the necessary prerequisites to start the training.
Request for information
École Lenôtre provides intensive training allowing everyone to quickly access the professions of cooking and pastry.