The Pastry Basics training at Lenôtre Culinary School is designed for adults looking to learn or transition into the field.
- Hobbyists and enthusiasts looking to switch careers
- Young professionals
- Professionals who left the trade for a while
A UNIQUE PEDAGOGY
Access to the fundamental knowledge of French Pastry, during 6 weeks : the Ecole Lenôtre will provide you with basic methods and essential techniques in pastry making.
- 6 weeks of intensive training
- Maximum of 12 participants per course
- 100% success rate
The prerequisites to be eligible for this training are:
- To be aged 18 years or older
- To have a minimum level in English or French (Level B1)
- To have basic knowledge of basic reasoning (calculations and logic)
- Each candidate needs to be genuinely motivated by careers in cooking or gastronomy in general.
Practical Courses in 6 Weeks:
- Making basic dough: shortcrust pastry, puff pastry…
- Making biscuits and sponge cakes: joconde biscuit, viennese biscuit, Genova bread…
- Making compotes and poached fruits: poached pears…
- Making meringues or meringue-based preparations: Swiss meringue, Italian meringue, almond dacquoise…
- Making basic creams and their derivatives: pastry cream, chiboust cream, ganache…
- Managing and organizing work (teamwork, production and inventory control, adherence to manufacturing procedures and methods, preservation…)
- Evaluating acquired skills
Tariff for the training
Price for a 6-week training: 8 094 € excluding taxes / 9 712, 80 € including taxes
Due to the limited number of spots available in each session (maximum of 12), we recommend registering at least 3 months prior to the start date.
¹ In case of exam failure, the student will have to attend a one-week makeup session (cost ranging from €500 excluding taxes to €600 excluding taxes).
Validation of Prior Learning (Validation des acquis de l’expérience)
It is possible to access the training through the Validation of Prior Learning (VAE) process.
To access our training through VAE, a VAE application must be completed to validate your experience in pastry.
Duration of the training
- Total duration of the training: 240 hours, including 40 hours of evaluation.
Upcoming start dates
Does this training correspond to your project? Register for one of our upcoming sessions:
- September 4th
Number of registered participants for the March 2022 session: Essential Pastry Module – 12 individuals
In the March 2022 session, our pastry diploma students had a 100% success rate.
Through your Personal Training Account
- The Personal Training Account (CPF) allows any active individual, from their entry into the job market until they retire, to acquire training rights that can be used throughout their professional life.
- The Personal Training Account (CPF) is available to all individuals aged 16 and above..
Through the Skills Development Plan
- The skills development plan lists all the training actions implemented by the employer for their employees.
- Do not hesitate to inquire with your human resources department.
Through Individual Training Assistance (AIF)
- The AIF is financial assistance for your training and is available to job seekers registered with Pôle emploi, as well as individuals in the professional reclassification contract (CRP), transitional professional contract (CTP), or professional security contract (CSP).
- Do not hesitate to consult your Pôle emploi advisor. They will assess the request in line with your Employment Reintegration Plan.
Regional Council Assistance: AIRE transition pro
- Regional Individual Assistance for Employment AIRE | Île-de-France Region (iledefrance.fr)
- The AIRE assistance is available to job seekers in the Île-de-France region who are registered with Pôle emploi and hold a valid attestation issued by Pôle emploi, dated no more than 3 months before the start of the training.
- Please specify your request so that we can assist you in completing the necessary procedures on the regional platform mesdemarches.iledefrance.fr.
Typical Course Schedule
- Monday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Tuesday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Every day, a welcome coffee is provided 30 minutes before the start of the course. Lunch is scheduled from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM.
Breakfast and lunch are provided on training days.
The above schedule may vary depending on the course themes and the civil calendar.
It is recommended to consult the available schedule at the beginning of the training.
Accessibility for People with Disabilities:
The training programs and internships offered by Lenôtre School are accessible to individuals with disabilities or health issues. We encourage you to mention it during your registration request. You will be contacted by the disability coordinator to discuss any necessary accommodations to ensure your stay with us goes smoothly. Upon your arrival, you will receive personalized support to facilitate your integration.
Our disability coordinator: Guillaume Galy – +33 1 86 93 04 00
Lenôtre School can provide you with a list of useful addresses to find a rented room, studio, or apartment.
Dreaming of opening your own restaurant?
A comprehensive journey!
Lenôtre School offers two mandatory courses in addition to the Becoming a Chef program for opening your restaurant: the HACCP training to learn hygiene best practices adapted to your future activities and the Exploitation Permit training.
A COOKING SCHOOL NEAR PARIS
Accessible, modern, and welcoming premises
Since April 5, 2021, Lenôtre School is located in brand-new premises in Rungis (94), near Paris, just a stone’s throw away from one of the largest gourmet supplier markets. The school provides a pleasant living environment, easily accessible through various transportation options, and equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for optimal quality education.